Thursday, November 7, 2013

As Promised #1

So earlier I posted some things about me. Number 1 being that I am a ballerina. I have danced since the age of 2, left home at the age of 11 to go to "ballet school", graduated at the age of 19, and now I am dancing in Estonia as a professional. I think its fair to say its a large part of my life. When I was still at school and I would tell people how I go to "ballet school" they always found it hard to comprehend, the replies being such like: "Oh, so what, you want to teach dance when your finished?" or the standard "Are all the boys gay?". First off, never ask a trainee dancer if she's going to teach. I did not leave home at 11 to "teach".(No disrespect, to teachers, I have great respect, I don't think I could do it)  I'm always shocked when I describe how when people go to watch "Swan Lake", that being a swan is an actual profession. It only dawns on them when I tell them that's what I want to do, that a ballerina is a chosen career path for some. The crazy few I guess.

Here a a few pictures courtesy of my sister, whom I believe to be one of the best photographers going, of me striking some ballet dancer poses


Enjoy,


xx G






for more images click on links below :




No comments:

Post a Comment